Dr Claudette Portelli is the Clinical Director of The OCD Clinic® Malta and is a Clinical Psychologist, psychotherapist and rigorous clinical researcher and associate at the Centro di Terapia Strategica (Brief Strategic Centre), Arezzo, Italy. Dr Portelli is a scientific Member of the Editorial Board of the Brief Strategic and Systemic Therapy European Review and was an original contributor to the evolution of the BST model of Treatment for OCD.
Lecturer and trainer at the “Strategic Therapy Center-School of Specialization in Brief Strategic Psychotherapy”, and also in the Masters courses organised by “Centro di Terapia Strategica” in Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, Romania, San Diego (USA), Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, among others.
Lecturer at the University of Malta and researcher at University of Macerata, Italy.
Claudette is a regular speaker in various international conferences and seminar.
Author of numerous text books and scientific articles.
Some Recent Books and Publications
- (2014) Winning Without Fighting: A Handbook of Effective Treatments for Social, Emotional and Behavioral Problems in Children and Adolescents. Malta University Press and Amazon Kindle.
- (2005) Knowing Through Changing: The Evolution of Brief Strategic Therapy” (2005) Crown House Publishing, UK.
- (2014) Ossessioni, compulsioni e manie; Trattamento del Disturbo Ossessivo-compulsivo (Ponte alle Grazie Press) with Professor Giorgio Nardone.
- (2008) Come smettere di fumare: Strategie per liberarsi in breve tempo dalle dipendenze con Branka Skorjanec, 2008 (Ponte alle Grazie)
About Padraic Gibson
Reg. FTAI, Reg. ICP, Reg. UKCP, Reg. EAP, Reg. FT Clin Supvr.
Padraic Gibson is a consultant clinical psychotherapist. He is currently the Clinical Director of the The OCD Clinic® International and he is based at the Dublin Clinic. He has been a Principal Psychotherapist as well as a Clinical Director with HSE funded services for over a decade.
He is currently on the clinical register of psychotherapists with the Irish Council for Psychotherapy, The Family Therapy Association of Ireland, and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy and the European Association for Psychotherapy.
Clinical Fellowship and Association
Padraic is Senior Research Associate at St. Patrick’s College, Dublin City University, Drumcondra, an associate clinical researcher, collaborator, clinical trainer and lecturer at the Centro Terapia Strategica in Arezzo Italy with his colleague Professor Giorgio Nardone, where he also trained as a Brief Strategic Psychotherapist. Currently a professional Doctoral researcher at the world renowned, Tavistock Clinic, London, he has also trained as a clinical psychotherapy supervisor and teacher at Dublin’s, Mater Hospital, as well as other post graduate training at the University of Sunderland, University of Leeds and University of East London. Padraic has also lectured at postgraduate level in Trinity College Dublin.
Padraic has trained and presented in Ireland, Italy and the United Kingdom on the topics of Systemic Theory and Brief Strategic treatments for psychological disorders and on the topic of clinical research in psychotherapy and has a rigorous commitment to clinical research and in finding ways to make his treatment even more effective and to this end has completed a number of recent papers and significant clinical research projects with international colleagues which are outlined below.
Books and Publications
- (2015) The Clinical Handbook of Brief Strategic Psychotherapy. (In press)
- (2015) Brief Effective Clinical Treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (In Press)
Recent Professional Journal Articles
- (2014) An Outcome Study on the Effectiveness of Brief Strategic Therapy in the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Journal of Therapies in Medicine
- (2014) Outcome Research on The Effectiveness of BST with Postnatal Depression
- (2014) An Interactional Approach for Treating Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Irish Journal of Psychotherapy
Commitment to Evidence Based Clinical Research
Some Recent Research Papers Include:
- Outcome Research in the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Duration: 2010-2013
- In collaboration with my colleague Professor Gianluca Castelnuovo, Department of Clinical Psychology, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Catholic University of Milan, we have completed (in conjunction with an independent evaluator of our work) a 3-year Outcome study with 62 patients outlining the successful treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder here in Ireland and this is due to be published in late November 2013. Outcome Research in Treating Post-Natal Depression: Duration 2010-2012.
- This paper outlines a 2-year study with 71 women which was completed here in Dublin, in conjunction with my colleagues, Dr. Patrick O’Mathuna, medical doctor and clinical director of Castlemill Medical Centre, Dr. Gian Mauro Manzoni Istituto Auxologico, Milan and Professor Gianluca Castlenuovo, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Catholic University of Milan. The paper outlines the outcomes of our treatment for postnatal depression and in keeping with our rigorous methodology of ‘knowing through changing’ this has allowed us to develop a unique and successful model and method for treating for this invalidating problem. Published November 2013. The Psychotherapy Research Manual Project.
- With view to making the model of Brief Strategic Therapy even more valid and in order to verify treatment fidelity and the validity of our work, my colleague, Professor Giorgio Nardone and I have completed stage one of our most recent treatment manual. This manual will be piloted later this year in a research project between myself and Dr. Claudette Portelli of CTS and visiting lecturer at the University of Malta.
Some Recent Clinical Training Provided By Padraic Gibson To Professionals Outside The OCD Clinic
Some Recent External Training and Lectures and Training Provided:
- August 2014: Treating Obsessive and Phobic Disorders; Training to California University of Professional Psychology with Professor Jeff Jackson
- October 2014: Hosted- Systemic Treatment for Couples in the21st Century-Dr Reeenee Singh, Tavistock Clinic London
- October 2014: Psychotherapist and Self Learning: Hosted Professor Peter Stratton- Department of Clincal Psychology Leeds University
- October 2014: Presentation of Outcome research of the clinical trial with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: World Conference. Systemic and Strategic Network
- October 2014: Communicational appraoaches with Children and Adolescents in Psychotherapy: World Conference of The Strategic and Systemic Network
- October 2014: Effective Treatments for Postnatal Depression and international research project; World Conference of The Strategic and Systemic Therapy Network.
- August 2014: Eating Disorder Training: Training provided to California University of Professional Psychology-Professor Jeff Jackson
- July 2014: Panic Disorder Grounded Theory Research: Tavistock Clinic London, Research Symposium
- October 2013: Brief Strategic Treatment for Eating Disorders – Psychotherapy Team, St Vincent’s Hospital, Fairview.
- May 2013: Brief Treatment for Eating Disorders – Department of Adult Psychiatry, Naas General Hospital.
- June 2012: Treating Anxiety Disorders – Kildare, West Wicklow Mental Health Team.
- May 2012: The Diagnostic Interview: Using a Strategic Dialogue – Kildare, West Wicklow Mental Health Team.
- March 2011: Treating adolescent anorexia and bulimia: Kildare West Wicklow Mental Health Team.
- Feb 2011: Research Symposium Tavistock Clinic London: Presentation of Research Update on the treatment mechanisms in systemic treatment for panic disorder.